Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chocolate disaster...

I had an epiphany today...the kind that sneaks up and smacks you on the forehead...you know, a true V-8 kind of moment. I REALLY shouldn't bake when I am sleep deprived.

For some reason, I am very, very tired today. Carly slept OK last night, so I am betting it is just life crashing full force that's causing me to be so exhausted.

I have to make Landon a cake tonight because tomorrow we will celebrate his birthday at my mother's house. Let me list the things I did wrong to this poor, defenseless cake. I forgot to add the vanilla (no biggie, I am guessing); while mixing, I let go of the spoon and it tangled in the beaters , causing massive amounts of chocolate batter to splatter all over me, the counter, the stove, the floor; instead of putting the batter in THREE 8 inch pans, I put it in TWO because that's all I have. So when I smelled burning chocolate and my cake had only been in the over 15 minutes, I knew something was wrong. Yep--the cake was oozing and dripping all over the sides of my pan, and burning on the bottom of the oven.

So not only did I get to clean me, the counter, and the floor, but now I get to clean the oven. And to top it all off, Ryan had yet ANOTHER poop incident and I had to clean the carpet, his toilet seat and his pants. Yay me!

All I can say is this cake better taste pretty darn good!!!

0 comments: