Monday, February 2, 2009

Survey of Songs

I filled out a survey one time about songs and emotions...here are the results:

When you are lonely..."Elsewhere" by Sarah McLachlan
I listened to this song a lot when I was going through a rough patch in my life. The music and lyrics remind me of that time, so, even though this used to be one of my favorite songs, I cannot listen to it anymore without being emotionally transported back to then.





When you are happy..."Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order
I used to listen to this song in high school, and even though I hated HS, this song still makes me happy!





When you are in a clubbing mood: "Silence" by Sarah McLachlan & Delirium
This type of music is GREAT for dancing at a club!!





When you are bouncy..."Keep it Coming Love" by KC & the Sunshine Band
Need I say more????






When you are depressed..."Home" by Staind
Again, I used to listen to this song a lot when I was going through the same hard time. This song is haunting in a very depressing way.





When you feel pretty..."Like the Way I Do" by Melissa Etheridge
I can't explain why this song makes me feel pretty, esp since it's about cheating, but it does...LOL






When you are in love..."Blessed" by Martina McBride
This song reminds me of my family, whom I love very much, and how blessed I am each day!! I have to laugh b/c I asked Steve what song reminded him of being in love and he chose some song by Georgio--I listened to it and the first few words were "I wanna do it to you like you want it"...WHATEVER...that is NOT a love song...LOL





When you are mad..."Forfeit" by Chevelle
This song makes me want to fight. Just listen to the chrous at 0:41 seconds and you'll understand why...LOL







When you get your heart broken..."When You Were Mine" by Dixie Chick
No explanation needed...the words say it all.




OR


"Hang" by Matchbox20
(It's on my playlist)


When you are driving around..."How Do I Deal " by Jennifer Love Hewitt
I always listen to this song and sing it LOUD when we are on road trips--it's cheesy, but I love it!!

0 comments: