Monday, February 23, 2009

Letter to Carly--Month Five

Dear Carly,

You turned five months old today!! What a big girl you are! I did an "unofficial" weight...yeah, it entails Mommy standing on the scale with you and then without you...you weigh about 15 pounds now! You are soooo much fun! You love to smile, will usually grace us with a small chuckle here and there, and you LOVE to "talk." The other day, you started screeching at us while you talked....it is very cute!

You hardly ever cry, unless you are very, very tired and need help getting to sleep. Or when you have a dirty diaper...I sense an obsession with cleanliness in my future...LOL. You are still only breastfed, and, boy, do I hate to pump. The other day, I was holding you while pumping, and you starting mashing the "increase" button with your fist...I thought my pump was malfunctioning, but, no...it was you!!

You haven't turned over since the first time. (EDIT...you turned for Daddy 2/25) You love your jumperoo...you are too cute when you bounce in it. Only one of your feet will touch, and it is really only a couple of your toes, but you still manage to jump, jump, jump away!! You also still love your bouncy, and are also perfectly happy to lie on the floor and play. Your swing is now only used for when you wake up in the morning and we still want to sleep (or are getting ready for work), as you are up and at 'em between 6:00am and 6:45am every morning...even on my days off...*sigh*

You are now in love with your hands and feet. You stare hard at your hands and turn them around while watching in awe. You love to touch your toes, and have even sucked on them a couple of times...silly girl!! You are at the point where you can look at a toy, reach out and purposefully (is that even a word???), grab at it! You can also scoot around. If I put you down on the floor, at some point you end up in the opposite direction!

Well, I moved your crib in your own room, but now you sleep in my bed...it is just so much easier to feed you at night and to get some MUCH NEEDED sleep. I will move you to your room in the next month or so...we'll see...

I love you so much, my sweet Princess. You and your brothers make my life complete and are my world!!

Love, hugs and kisses,
Mommy



0 comments: